Popular Posts

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jorge Lorenzo Won Portuguese GP

Jorge Lorenzo finished fastest and won Portugal MotoGP while Casey Stoner produced a stunning comeback ride to finish second. Starting the race from pole position, Lorenzo regain the lead after losing it to Dani Pedrosa and was unchallenged to the flag. Lorenzo's victory reduces the gap to championship leader Valentino Rossi's points to 18 points. The Italian could only finish fourth.

Jorge Lorenzo in Estoril Portuguese GP
Stoner, who has missed the last three races due to an illness, was second despite breaking a foot rest. The Australian has spent the last two months back home undergoing tests after complaining of exhaustion and has been unable to train for five months.

"I had so many critics, saying that it was all in my head," the 23-year-old Ducati rider said. "I never felt so bad in my life. To come back like this is a really good start for us. I had the strength to overtake people and I was ready for the fight."

Lorenzo, however, never looked in trouble after getting back past Pedrosa early on. It is the Spaniard's fourth victory of the season and reduces Rossi's lead with just three races of the season to go.

Jorge Lorenzo Portuguese GP
Jorge Lorenzo Portuguese GP
"I was very confident before the race," said the Fiat Yamaha rider. "I was fastest in every practice session. It's fantastic and is almost the perfect race."

0 comments:

Post a Comment